Sunday, October 21, 2012

Malala Yousafzai

As I read this article I was shocked that there was still a country that was in the midst of a religious and ethical war. I thought that as technology advanced people would begin to become more modern and more tolerant to different religious and ethical beliefs. But this girl opened my eyes to a whole new idea of Pakistan, a country that is in one of its worst moments and that is reflected on society. Malala shows us the reality of being a teenager in pakistan and is not afraid to do so. She wrote under an anonymous name but that still didn't keep her safe and now she is in the hospital in recovery , but the consequences could have been much worse.

In the article they show a passage from her diary  On my way from school to home I heard a man saying 'I will kill you'. I hastened my pace... to my utter relief he was talking on his mobile and must have been threatening someone else over the phone." This shows us that she didn't get very alarmed but she did take precaution and walked faster. This demonstrates to us that to threaten someone with killing them is very common , and i can relate that this to the years 2000 in colombia when drug lords would have people kidnapped, killed , etc.

I want to thank Malala for risking her life to show the world what is happening in her country and I believe that she has a great future.

No comments:

Post a Comment